Barkyn delivers health and happiness to pet families around the world.
We are an ambitious, forward-thinking startup on a big mission! We’re not only changing the pet market, but we’re also reshaping the way the e-commerce experience should feel: human, personalized, seamless, and beautiful. We were considered one of Europe’s Top 100 Startups by Wired, a Top Startup by Linkedin, and a success case by Web Summit and the British magazine Monocle.
We're creating a loved brand in Europe, and this is where your story begins!
As an Accountant Specialist at Barkyn, you will be responsible for driving our accounting processes and supporting the finance team in various analysis, reporting, and ERP implementation tasks. Your role will play a pivotal role in ensuring the delivery of timely and accurate month-end reporting as well as contributing to the achievement of our company goals.
Specifically, we expect you to:
- Oversee and execute the overall accounting processes, including but not limited to accounts payable/receivable, general ledger maintenance, bank reconciliations, and expense management.
- Collaborate with the Finance team to perform financial analysis, prepare management reports, and provide insights to support decision-making processes. Generate accurate and comprehensive financial statements and ensure adherence to accounting standards.
- Play a crucial role in the month-end closing process, ensuring the timely completion of financial statements, reconciliations, and variance analysis. Assist in the preparation of internal and external financial reports.
- Effectively communicate financial information and insights to stakeholders at all levels within the organization. Collaborate with other teams to gather relevant data and support their financial needs.
- 3 years of relevant work experience in accounting.
- Prior experience and understanding of end-to-end accounting processes, including accounts payable/receivable, financial statement preparation, and auditing.
- Meticulous attention to detail in financial data analysis, reporting, and adherence to accounting principles.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel to handle complex data analysis, financial modeling, and reporting tasks efficiently.
- Previous experience working for a B2C company, ideally in the e-commerce industry, will be considered a strong asset.
- Fluent in both Portuguese and English, with excellent verbal and written communication skills in both languages.
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with stakeholders at all levels of the organization, presenting financial information clearly and concisely.
- Accounting experience in a company with inventory management, understanding the related accounting processes, and financial implications;
- Experience in a large consulting or auditing firm, providing accounting and financial advisory services;
- Experience in analytical accounting, including cost analysis, budgeting, and forecasting;
- Dog Owner.